Registered General NurseApply now
Registered General Nurse
About Coppice Care Home:
The Coppice care home is a 44-bed nursing home specializing in Dementia and Nursing Care. The Coppice is renowned for the exceptional end-of-life support it provides. We also provide short term respite care to help families and loved ones take a break from their caring roles.
We promote individualised person-centred care in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere, encouraging independence, choice and dignity throughout all that we do.
Colette Grace RGN, is the Registered Manager, and together with a strong team of experienced and trained staff, work throughout the day and night to ensure that our residents’ individual care needs are met with dignity and passion and that the care home feels like a ‘home from home’.
We have our own dedicated chef at the Coppice, allowing us to cater for individual needs and preferences including specific cultural and religious dietary requirements. The Coppice has also recently maintained its ‘Excellent’ rating with the Oldham Local Authority Quality Framework for the 5th year in a row.
We have excellent working relationships with local professionals (GPs, Nurses, Macmillan Nurses, Age UK Oldham, Commissioners, etc.) and have a strong reputation for providing good quality care to our residents.
The most important thing is that you have the right values and want to make a difference.
- Provide personal care and support with reference to individual care plans
- To provide care through the night, checking residents at regular intervals according to their care plan.
- To respond promptly to calls for assistance while respecting.
- To engage in conversations to help maintain residents’ sense of identity; upholding dignity at all times.
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements.
- Monitoring and administering medications.
- Taking residents samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures.
- Writing records.
- Supervising junior staff as well as managing the unit.
- Organising workloads.
- Providing emotional support to residents and relatives.
- Team Player.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- NVQ Level 3 Qualified
- Must be trained to administrate medication.
- Preferably NVQ Level 5 Qualified- However if not, training will be provided.
Job Type – 36 Hours per week
Salary- Based on experience
For further information please email TheCoppice.HR@CareWW.co.uk