Day Nurse – BradfordApply now
The Links Care Centre
Situated in Bradford, the 85-room facility at The Links Care Centre offers a range of specialist care for residents, ranging from Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s care, to care for stroke victims as well as mental health care.
Overseeing all aspects of the care centre, Jo Shelley manages a team of 10 nurses and 60 care assistants, many of whom are trained to NVQ level 2-3. The team at The Links Care Centre operate five units, each tailored to the dependency levels of the residents to ensure the right level of care is received – care periods are therefore varied between long, short and trial terms.
With a main kitchen, as well as extra kitchens in other units, the nutritional needs of residents are always met for a balanced diet. Kitchen staff cater to all likes and dislikes for a balanced diet, and residents are encouraged to share their food preferences with staff so that they can be met. The kitchens are also used for activities such as baking or independent cooking where possible.
Rooms feature an en suite and residents are allowed to bring their own furniture and can choose the decoration to make surroundings more familiar and comforting. The site features two large gardens which can be accessed by residents, as well as a small indoor garden. These spaces give residents different areas to relax in, while car parking space is available for up to 16 cars.
To help keep residents active and social, there are numerous activities planned by the Links Care team, This includes games, parties, mindful activities and various therapies. Trips are regularly taken to local attractions such as shops, the seaside, the local cinema and restaurants. Family meetings are also arranged, with outings encouraged where possible to help stimulate residents and keep them active socially.
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements.
- Providing pre- and post-operation care.
- Monitoring and administering medication and intravenous infusions.
- Taking patient samples, pulses, temperatures and blood pressures.
- writing records.
- Supervising junior staff.
- Organising workloads.
- Providing emotional support to patients and relatives.
- Ensuring effective communication between day and night shifts
- Attending MDT meetings.
- Team Player.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Someone who is passionate about person centered care.
- Good leadership qualities.
Job Type: Offering Full time 36 hours or Part time.
Salary: £16 per Hour – There will be a welcome package offered.
If you are interested in this job role,please send your CV to TheLinks.HR@Careww.co.uk